Pages

Tuesday 12 July 2011

Weekend roundup

Do you ever have such an action packed weekend that by the time you get to Monday morning you feel like you've been run over by a steam roller? That was just how I felt as the alarm started to beep (very loudly, it seemed) yesterday morning! There was no possible way that it could be time to get up already....but the digital clock doesn't lie! Yesterday I felt like I was dragging myself from one thing to the next, and to top it off I had a Pilates class in the evening. Boy did I sleep well last night!

But I can't complain. Hubby didn't have to work in the end so we had the whole weekend to play with. Our weekends' are never domestic orientated, so forget the clothes that need washing, the dishes in the sink and the floor that needs sweeping - they can be done during the week. The weekend is for enjoying!

Saturday morning we were up bright and early and down on the beach by 9am! Oh yes, the wind was just perfect and it was time to get in a bit of kitesurf practice. I've mentioned this before, but it's not really my thing, so I go along and 'help'. It's a good opportunity to get a bit of colour on my legs that, until recently were so white they glowed with a faint hint of blue!! Hubby is doing really well, and managed to get his balance and stand up on the board for quite a way.

Up & away
The photo isn't wonderful (it's taken on the old compact 'cos I don't want to get the new camera covered in sand!), but you get the idea.


The afternoon was taken up with the horses. We loaded them up and took them to the north of the island for a class with our fab dressage instructor. The weather conditions in the north were awful - we left the sun not an hour away for howling wind, dark clouds and the threat of rain. It's incredible how there are such climatic differences on such a small island. We thoroughly enjoyed the class and can see the difference aleready in the attitude and movements of the horses. Dressage is a slow process, but when things go well there's no better feeling!

We finally made it back to our riding club at 11pm - and we still had to clean out the trailer! But it was soon done and we finished off the day with Chinese food - yum!

Sunday was also action filled! We were with the horses first thing (when it's cooler), then kitesurf after lunch - but the conditions were pretty bad, strong wind and big waves - and with the horses again in the evening once it'd got a bit cooler. So as you can see, I have no problem sleeping at the weekends, if nothing else I'm exhausted!

But now is the time to make the most of the opportunities. The wind of change is beginning to blow and we have no idea what is in store for us, we'll have to wait and see....

Hasta pronto!

No comments:

Post a Comment